Thursday 17 November 2011

One year on

Do you know what you were doing a year ago today?  Where were you on 17th November 2010?  To most people this is not an easy question to answer, but to me that day was hugely significant!

The 17th November 2010 was my last day working for the RNLI, my last day after more than 15 years of daily toil, weekly meetings, monthly paydays, quarterly appraisals and annual statements!  I left behind some great friends, but I also left behind some other people...

Since then I spent 6 months in Australia, travelling around, sleeping in hostels, camper vans, tents and swags.  I went diving with sharks, snorkelling with turtles, feeding wild dolphins, cuddling kangaroos, holding wombats, eating crocodiles, and a million other things too.  I met some amazing people, new friends from around the world.  I learnt of the history of Australia, and the oppression of the indigenous people.  I had a truly awesome time!

Now I’m back in the UK and having so much fun in Winchester.  Great new friends, and a really enjoyable course.  Winchester is a lovely place to live too.  This week I have visited a Wolf Sanctuary, run around Winchester with some friends and a video camera, and drunk homebrew into the small hours.  A-FLIPPIN-MAZING!
By a long long long way, this has been the best year of my life, the challenge now is to enjoy the next 12 months even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment